I am recruiting for a HR Recruitment Advisor / Assistant Recruitment Manager for a leading higher education provider based near Worcester. The role is paying up to £32,500 and offers a great opportunity for career progression and benefits package.
You will hold a CIPD level 5 or equivalent qualification and have exposure to the HR functions of inhouse recruitment. As the HR Recruitment Advisor, you will be supervising 2 HR Recruitment Administrators, planning their workload, monitoring the output and be an initial point of contact for escalations.
Reporting directly to the Recruitment HR Manager you will be working autonomously so the ability to research, ask questions and make decisions will be essential. Overall you will be responsible for the smooth operations of the recruitment for the business, this will include meeting with hiring managers, creating job descriptions and adverts, managing the responses and providing shortlisted candidates for interview; following successful appointment you will then be responsible for the onboarding of the successful candidates and ensuring very strict compliance procedures are adhered too.
This is a position working within the public sector where there can be an element of frustration around 'red tape', the ability to work to certain set procedures is key but with the ability to help the team and department modernise will also be essential.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Carry out day-to-day supervision of the HR Administrators
- Provide advice and guidance to recruiting managers, candidates and colleagues on recruitment policy and processes, including procedural and legal aspects of staff recruitment
- Work with recruiting managers to agree advertising and selection strategies for recruitment campaigns
- Review job descriptions, person specifications and pay arrangements to ensure they are reflective of the role
- Source, plan and cost suitable advertising media, liaising with recruiting managers and agency contacts
- Be part of the shortlisting, interview and post interview activities and provide support to recruiting managers and colleagues to ensure that all aspects of the event are appropriately carried out
- Provide reports of recruitment and selection activity to the HR Manager
- Support the Recruitment HR Manager with the development of the applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Opportunity to work on different projects outside of just recruitment i.e. system upgrades, benefits package changes etc.
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent
- Exposure to inhouse recruitment
- A clear understanding of best practice in recruitment and selection from a HR perspective
- Experience of providing credible advice and guidance to colleagues
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation including immigration and sponsorship
- Experience and understanding of working with an ATS
- Understanding of workforce planning and the importance and reasoning of an organisational culture/structure
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with a wide range of stakeholders in writing and verbally, including effective presentation skills.
- Proactive, resilient, confident with a 'high energy' attitude
- Motivated by working autonomously with experience of key decision making
- Previous experience of supervising staff and being the 'go to person' would be highly desirable
- Highly compliant/technical recruitment experience would be desirable i.e. NHS, medical
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- £26-32k annual salary dependent on experience
- 37 hour working week with potential flexibility of start/finish time or even compressed hours
- Potential for split home/office working in the future
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 23 days + bank holidays + days off between Christmas/New Year)
- Highly attractive pension scheme (LGPS)
- Additional benefits such as cycle to work scheme and retails discounts
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and call Adam or Lauren on 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***