Derbyshire Constabulary is recruiting for a HR Services Officer on a temporary basis for three months to be based at the HQ in Ripley.
Derbyshire Constabulary is a fantastic organisation to be part of. There are many opportunities for personal and career development.
This role is responsible for the effective and efficient HR transactional and administrative service to the Regional forces. This post is based in the Recruitment Department in the Service Centre.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide an effective, quality transactional service across the areas of recruitment, training, and post-employment as required.
- Contribute to a flexible and resilient service by developing proficiency in multiple disciplines within the transactional service centre.
- Provide 1st line HR advice, manage and resolve customer enquiries and requests for service support in line with the relevant Force policies.
- Contribute to reports and statistics through maintenance of accurate information and data records.
- Take personal responsibility for prioritising workloads in accordance with agreed deadlines and delivery standards.
- Prepare, collate and record information across HR, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data within all areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the process of continuous development within HRSSC.
- Contribute to the effective running of the HRSSC by carrying out ad hoc or rostered team tasks as required.
- Attend career and job events as and when required this would be occasional evening and weekends.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- Experience in HR Processes and giving generalist advice on recruitment, training, employee relations or post-employment matters.
- GCSE English Language Grade C/4 or above or equivalent level qualification, or demonstrable previous experience in preparing written correspondence and communicating with internal and external customers in writing.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service to include dealing directly with customers
over the phone and also face to face.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in using computerised databases.
- Experience in dealing with confidential matters.
- Good team worker.
If you are interested in working for the Derbyshire Constabulary and hold the relevant experience please apply. Please be aware the successful applicant will be required to go through the Police vetting process which can take approx 4-6 weeks. To be eligible for vetting clearance you need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years.