I'm recruiting for an experienced heavy plant fitter to work on a variety of machinery. Varying from 8 to 18t Loading Shovels, and 360 excavators to counterbalance forklifts, cherry pickers and a variance between. You'll be responsible for operating a variety of machine brands such as Caterpillars, JCB's and Liebherr, so a preference in these brands is preferred.
You must be able to carry out planned maintenance and breakdown repairs on the Mobile plant operating at our Location in Hertfordshire.
An industry background within Waste and Recycling, Construction, Demolition or Quarrying would be particularly appropriate as this role will suit an "all-rounder" with a flexible attitude and proactive working style.
- To carry out fault diagnostics and repairs on mobile plant equipment onsite
- To maintain all mobile plant, including servicing and inspections
- To perform reactively to machinery breakdowns and repairs
- Ensure servicing schedules are followed in accordance with the Manufacturers specifications and company policy
- Carry out Plant safety inspections in line with group fleet policy
- Maintain prepare and present vehicles for insurance inspections and annual LOLER testing
- Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner whilst adhering to (QHSE) obligations under the Health & Safety at work ACT 1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in the work place
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and always maintain a safe working environment
- Major component overhaul skills (Engine, Gearbox, Braking systems)
- Possess fundamental mechanical fitters tool kit (Spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc.)
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Must have a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Welder / Fabricator
- General understanding in vehicular electronics
- Good Communication skills
- Follow both written and verbal instruction
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Computer literate
- Specialist skills (TIG Welding, Hydraulic flow charts, pneumatic schematics)
- Experience in maintaining waste handling equipment is preferred, not essential
- Experience dealing with operational Staff
- Operational experience within a Processing/Recycling or Waste Facility
Hours: Monday to Friday 06:00 to 16:00, required to work every alternate Saturday 06:00 to 16:00
Rate of pay: £15.00 Basic
Overtime above 48 hours worked £18.75 during the week
Saturdays paid @ £22.50 per hour
Breaks are half an hour and two 15-minute breaks per day
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, parking on site, canteen on site with tea and coffee making facilities, snack machines, microwave etc. pension contributory after three months
If you are interested please apply so I can have a chat with you to see if you are a good match, and the client can start someone on the job immediately if you are successful.