Brook Street (UK) Ltd have an exciting new opportunity with our leading Public Sector Client, The Education Authority NI.
We are looking to recruit an ICT Helpdesk Operator to work within the Ballymena region supporting EANI users within their internal multi-user environment. This is an excellent opportunity to work within the Public Sector and develop your career by providing advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, regarding agreed service aspects, utilising your technical ICT skills.
This is an exciting temp role (Immediate start) with an ongoing requirement. Some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have successfully secured fixed-term contracts directly with our client.
You will be part of a strategic vision to Inspire, Support and Challenge all their children and young people to be the best they can be.
What will be your primary responsibilities?
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- Walking users through the functions and back-end operations of their software
- Helping the development teams in conceptualising upgrades or updates based on feedback that will improve the user experience
- Monitoring and responding effectively and quickly to requests received via the IT helpdesk and creating training materials with screenshots for the user
- Providing technical support or assistance for incoming issues and concerns related to hardware, software and systems, where necessary escalate to the most suitable IT Officer
- Documenting internal procedures and maintaining daily performance of computer systems
- Working through the process of solving problems with internal users / clients and encouraging them to do the same in the future
- Running diagnostics to resolve problems and cleaning up computers and identify and organise re-deployable computers for disposal scheme or defunct computers for secure scrappage.
- Reporting significant or recurring problems and gathering feedback to determine issues and patterns so that they can be resolved, or FAQs can be provided for users to help troubleshoot themselves
- Setup and issue computers to staff including installation of any required software.
- To carry out any required daily administration duties and other duties as required by the ICT Support Service.
To apply for this post, you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to trouble shoot computer-related problems
- Ability to priorities tasks, build good relationships with stakeholders
- Time management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of using standard MSOffice/MS365 suite e.g. Word, Excel
- Experience of using Windows 10 in a work environment.
- Experience of setting up and supporting computers and peripherals in a work environment.
- Use of a vehicle to visit sites and work in other ICT offices across EA as and when required.
- Able to carry equipment e.g. computers, monitors, small printers etc.
- Willingness to learn. Able to follow procedures & instructions and complete tasks to timescale.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Hold a minimum of five GCSE passes (grades A*-C) or equivalent or higher.
In return for your demanding work and commitment, working for this organisation can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI's values and mission statement
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay - £10.70 per hour
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
- No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known or
organisations for roles across all industry sectors. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
By applying today, you can kick start our fantastic on-boarding process, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience with this incredible government organisation.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Natasha at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.