ICT Support Technician - £25k
Are you an experienced IT Support professional looking to move into a role with a forward-thinking company?
Do you have experience of working in front-line support and a customer-focussed approach?
Brook Street are very happy to be working with as one of the largest and most trusted apprenticeship training providers in Hampshire with a proven track record spanning over 40 years.
Our client is looking for a customer-focused ICT Support Technician to ensure the continuous and smooth running of the IT systems within their business.
About the job:
Supporting users and hardware across two sites, you will be the focal point for ICT Support within the business, undertaking pro-active maintenance as well as re-active troubleshooting fault diagnosis.
Reporting to the ICT Systems Manager, you will monitor and maintain company servers, software platforms and security systems as well as purchasing, installing and configuring new hardware.
Key tasks will include:
- To provide first-line user support to our client's employees using software and systems across the company.
- To provide a professional support service to clients using company facilities and systems.
- To undertake the installation and configuration of computers throughout the company under the direction of the ICT Systems Manager.
- To support the maintenance of the company servers, monitoring backup status, managing users and resources.
- To ensure the IT System remains secure by monitoring security systems in place and escalating issues as required.
- To provide initial training for new staff, or refresher training for existing staff, in the use of our client's system, including policies, procedures and DSE requirements in relation to ICT.
- To undertake annual PAT testing and retention of records as required.
Who's right for the job?
You will be competent in diagnosing and resolving issues and have the ability to work on your own initiative. You will add value by your methodical approach to problem-solving, task prioritisation as well as a calm and diplomatic approach to situations. You will be required to support visitors to our client's centres as they use their facilities, so a flexible and positive, can-do approach is essential.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be confident in dealing with people both on the telephone and face to face. Applicants should have a keen interest and enthusiasm for all IT areas. You will work well in a team and be able to be trusted with sensitive and confidential information.
If you have a real passion for IT, a desire to learn, and wish to be part of a company that makes a difference to people through professional, high quality learning and development then we would love to hear from you.
- GCSE Maths and English, C or above
- Experience of working in a technical support role including telephone and remote support
- Troubleshooting and fault-finding experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in relation to all stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to timescales with minimal supervision
- Able to work using initiative, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to seek and investigate own solutions to IT issues
- Ability to methodically fault-find and document issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Server, Office 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group policy
- Some network infrastructure knowledge including Routers, Switches, Wireless, VLANs, VPNs, Firewalls
- Ability to research technology and software options to present options for improvement or investment
- Full driving licence and use of own car
- L2/L3 IT Diploma
- Certifications e.g. Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, CompTIA
- Knowledge of Hyper-V, Linux, Exchange, Azure, Veeam
- Experience setting up and installing workstations and servers
- Previous experience installing and configuring AV and multimedia technologies such as Projectors, TVs, Interactive Whiteboards and amps.
- Previous experience of managing eLearning platforms and content
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work our client offers the opportunity of a permanent role and a competitive salary of approximately £25,000 per annum, depending on experience. The working hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00 pm (37.5 hours per week).
In addition you will receive free on-site parking, 26 days holiday + bank holidays, life insurance, company pension plan, childcare voucher schemes and excellent training and development programmes.
Local travel is involved so a car is necessary for which a business travel allowance will be paid (currently at 40p per mile).
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible. Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible and held on the week commencing 29th April 2019. Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be requested to undertake a DBS (formerly CRB) check.
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to Ben.Grice (at) brookstreet.co.uk.