Import Customs Clearance Clerk - Circa £25,000
Do you have full entries experience within a Freight Forwarding role?
Brook Street are proud to be working with a worldwide Freight company with an office based in Southampton. My clients are looking for a full time Import Customs Clearance Clerk to join their team as soon as possible!
Who's right for the job?
The job will be fast paced from the get go, where you will need to be organised, have a strong attention to detail and have worked in a similar role for a minimum of 6 months. You will need to be able to;
- Liaise with the import operations team on a daily basis to receive customs information for shipments on the import service database.
- Communicate with customers, both agents and direct private individuals regarding their customs clearance both on the phone and over email.
- Monitor both internal and external emails and respond to customers/colleagues when required.
- Check commercial documentation for accuracy and resolve issues when detected.
- Use Datafreight to complete import customs entries, keying the specific details into the system to generate the import duty and VAT figures.
- Ensure the importer is provided with correct and up to date information on customs procedures where possible and refer to the HMRC tariff for information.
- Provide the import operator with import duty and VAT figures to enable them to collect funds from the customer ahead of unpack.
- Organise the transfer of duty and VAT into the HMRC FAS account to enable clearance of cargo.
- Monitoring Destin8 and CNS for holds placed on shipments by Port health, border force etc. and alert the import operator to ensure they can plan around the delay.
- Communicate with the import team and keep them updated with clearance information as the process progresses
- Check the emails for automatically generated clearance print outs and attach them to the customs entry to scan over to the operator to confirm release of the shipment.
- Provide assistance with entry checking to ensure a high level of accuracy is achieved before the customs entry is sent through to HMRC.
- Liaise with government bodies by email and telephone with regards to shipment holds, duty reclaims, trading standards queries and port health.
- Assist with filing where required.
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of Circa £25,000, depending on experience. Working hours are Monday - Friday, starting at 9am and finishing at 5:30pm. There is also a brilliant benefits package that goes alongside the salary offered which can be discussed at a later date.
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a two stage face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV at .