Our client is a very busy fashion, rapidly expanding clothing company in Leicester. It is looking for an experienced Imports freight forwarder to apply for this role. You will have knowledge of liaising with airlines and shipping lines, an understanding of imports procedures and clearance requirements. Good customer communication and the ability to work under pressure. In return you will receive a great position with a forward looking company with excellent benefits. You will also be part of a fantastic team brilliant working environment.
1. Monitoring arrivals, communication with customers warehouses and keeping databases.
2. To coordinate with our merchandise teams , factories and the external logistics support companies to fulfil on time deliveries
3. To review all necessary import shipping documentation
4. Liaise with freight forwarding agents and internal teams
5. Ensure that all databases and paperwork are accurately processed and maintained
6. processing Pre alerts booking in deliveries
7. Previous experience of import freight shipping and knowledge of Customs procedures is essential
8. Strong administration and attention to detail skills
9. A confident communicator both by telephone and through written communication
10. Highly organised
£22,000-£23,000, depending on experience
8.30-5pm with 30 min lunch break Monday -Friday with 4pm finish on a Friday
free parking on site, 20 days holiday, plus an additional incremental holiday, increases with length of service.
Please call Hannah at Brook Street on 0116 2516171 for more information or alternatively email you C V.