Transport Assistant / £20,000-£25,000
Are you looking for a new challenging opportunity?
Do you have amazing organisational skills and customer service experience?
Brook Street are proud to be working with a leading and professional transport freight company based in Totton, that prides itself on supporting and maintaining relationships with its employees and customers.
As a Transport Assistant, you will be assisting your manager in the smooth operation of the Transport Office, compilling and maintaining documentation and managing information. This role is as challenging as it is demanding, but still very exciting! You will have previous transport/freight experience with knowledge of the imports industry.
About the role:
- Pro-actively support Assistant Transport Manager of the department in all required areas relating to the department.
- Entering delivery notes on to the system accurately, ensuring delivery notes are sent to haulers promptly.
- Cost accruals and charging of shipments including the sending out of invoice and back up documentation to the relevant party.
- Entering PODs into the system and sending to customers as necessary.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is emphasized at all times.
- You will need to have a high sense of urgency and be able to work diligently to achieve deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to be flexible and be able to work 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday starting at 9am and finishing at 5pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive Salary of between £20,000 and £25,000. Alongside this you will also be given 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays. Full training on all aspects of the role will also be provided to the successful candidate.
Let`s get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible. This will involve a face to face interview if successful.
If you are interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
For more information please contact Ben at Brook Street team on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.