Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit an Incident Manager
This is a contract role based in Reading for 3 months initially.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £30,00.00 per annum plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
The Incident Manager role is account aligned, meaning you will oversee reactive support for your specific customer portfolio and form partnerships with the field Service Delivery Managers to tackle reactive challenges and make proactive suggestions where required.
The team operates within normal business hours for the UK to oversee Important and Urgent severity incidents, making sure we work with the technical customer support teams to deliver a smooth experience for our customers.
You will initially be engaging with the customers in your portfolios remotely, but continued performance and improvement in the reactive space could land you a chance to go on-site and meet the people you're working with. You will be flexible in the way you work, having time to learn and grow in a friendly, up-beat atmosphere.
Your typical day could include; Overseeing the reactive cases for your accounts ensuring smooth progression and informing key stakeholders as required. Creating trending reports and sharing these with the internal stakeholders who will talk these through with the external customers. Opportunity to go on site with your customers and attend face to face business reviews.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Overseeing the reactive landscape end to end and manage any support bottlenecks to ensure smooth progression and inform key stakeholders as required.
- Managing customer and internal engineer escalations in partnership with the Service Delivery Manager.
- Creating and reviewing Incident Management reports to deliver business insights through incident categorization and trend analysis.
- Identifying opportunities for proactive services to reduce frequency and duration of incidents.
- Collaborating with the Critical Escalation Team on any escalations relating to customer critical incidents.
- Advocating and being customer centric when engaging internally and externally to drive progression of incidents.
- Utilizing appropriate escalation routes and tools to ensure the service is delivered in a timely, relevant and accurate standard.
- Participating in team meetings, discussions and other activities as required to share information, promote teamwork and collaboration through a positive attitude to support the EMEA Services Team.
The top 3 must have skills are as follows:
- Basic understanding of ITIL/Service Management processes
- Technical Account Management experience- Basic understanding of Excel (Filtering, pivot tables etc.)
- Experience and commitment to enterprise level customer service and satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience required
- Passion for IT and Technology
- Willing and able to pass UK Security Vetting processes
- Passion for helping others
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Proven analytic problem-solving skills and a logical approach to help restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimize the impact.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships across local and virtual teams and to manage and prioritize communication with multiple stakeholders.
Deadline for CV submission: Thursday 18th March at 4:00pm