Job Title -Incident Manager
Location - Reading
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Incident Manager
This is a contract role based in Reading for 10 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: up to £33,000 plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
The Incident Manager role will focus on Reactive Support Management for Premier and Unified Support customers as a key member of the account team. You will actively engage with customers and Support Engineers to manage support request health while developing relationships and account-specific context. Insights derived from Reactive Support Management activities will empower this role to tailor the customer's reactive support experience and assist with proactive risk mitigation and overall Operational Health improvement.
The team operates within standard business hours for the UK to oversee Important and Urgent severity incidents, making sure we work with the technical customer support teams to deliver a smooth experience for our customers.
A typical day in this role can include:
- This role is responsible for driving positive outcomes end to end within reactive support, including healthy reactive support case progression and management across both standard and critical severity cases. Resources are aligned directly to customer accounts and own all levels of escalation handling, reporting, problem management and customer communications.
- This role will partner closely with Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs) to support the development of insights that can inform solution and operational health program development
Communication & Leadership
- As a key influencer and advocate for the customer, you will build strong relationships with internal and customer-facing stakeholders. In partnership with the Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM), you will be the trusted central commander within the Reactive Support Management space.
- You will showcase confident leadership and communicate in a timely and professional manner while driving reactive support request health. This will include direct interactions with customers to gather the business impact of support requests, to provide status updates on case progress, and to coordinate actions to improve health in at-risk or unhealthy support requests.
- In this role, there is a unique opportunity to identify and champion process, tools, and service delivery program improvements. Through your work, you will help to influence continuous improvement and a more connected customer experience.
- Support Request Reviews - Using internal tools and analytical skills, you will identify cases that require action. You will determine the best course of action to maintain healthy support request progression and resolution through consideration of customer-specific knowledge. You will develop the ability to anticipate risk related to customer-specific workloads and solutions and take mitigation action where required.
- Escalation Management - Using internal tools and analytical skills, you will identify cases that require action. You will engage to coordinate appropriate actions both internally and externally to drive cases to resolution.
- Critical Situation Management - During business hours, this role will support the active management of select critical situation support requests
- Expectation setting - You will help to mitigate relationship risk through proactive expectation setting.
- Support Requests Trends - Using internal tools, automation and analytical skills, you will identify and confirm the root cause of support requests and categorize them following a defined standard. These insights will help you and the account team to understand opportunities to maximize the value of the customer's Premier or Unified Support agreement through the use of proactive services to drive Operational Health improvements. Specifically, this role will be responsible for identifying trends and partnering with Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs) to build recommendations for customers.
- Reporting and Business Intelligence - You will leverage purpose-built tooling and standard reporting to support your understanding of support request volume and trends. This information will serve to support customer conversations and various incident/problem management activities.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to interface with executive stakeholders
- Action-oriented, strong understanding of and ability to articulate customer's sense of urgency
- Takes well thought-out action to achieve a specific impact
- Applies sound, balanced judgement during high impact and urgent situations
- Must be able to pass UK security vetting up to SC level
Deadline for CV submission: Thursday 20th August at 1pm