Information Analyst - NHS Digital (Band 5)
Location - Leeds (LS1) - Hybrid working (Mix of home and office working)
Hours- Monday - Friday (9-5)
Brook street are looking for 3 information analysts to join our client, NHS Digital on a temporary basis for at least 3 months, subject to extension. You will be working within a team of analysts as well as working with key stakeholders such as Local authorities, local government association (LGA) and Department of health and social care (DHSC) to name a few.
We collect and publish data on a variety of themes including activity, finance, safeguarding, workforce and survey both carers and users of services. We also publish the Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework (ASCOF) indicators.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge and experience in the effective use of spreadsheets and databases including use of data interrogation tools and wider functionality such as formulae.
- Knowledge of how to interpret data.
- Knowledge of database structures and how to interrogate databases.
- Knowledge of process design and code development acquired through degree level or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Able to exhibit knowledge of relevant legislation when working with public data such as the Data Protection Act.
- Knowledge of industry-standard data management or analysis software, such as MS SQL, SAS, Tableau, Python, R or PowerBI.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies or relevant experience or training.
- Understanding of data security & information governance is desirable
- Knowledge of testing and assurance processes; including, development of test plans; an understanding of reference data management and its application is desirable
- Experience of presenting and explaining through written and verbal communication in a style that translates technical detail into user friendly, accessible plain English that can be understood by all audiences.
- Experience of having discussions with customers (internal and external) to clarify or define customer specifications.
- Can easily interpret the quality of data through proactive identification of poor data quality and propose appropriate solutions.
- Can analyse and interpret raw data, create appropriate measures of performance, value-added analysis and summarise the results
- Experience of building data assets.
If this sounds like the role for you, Apply now!