Insurance Officer needed to support local authority 3 month Contract. Working From Home however must be able to commute to Crawley/Gatwick if restrictions ease.
Job Role/ Duties:
o Keep records of all correspondence with the council`s insurers, service departments and thirdparties in relation to each claim
o Agree settlement of claims with the insurers where appropriate, or instruct to defend the claim if in the best interest of the council.
o When settling a claim, arrange for payment of any excess to the insurers.
o Arrange payment of any VAT only invoices for any works carried out to CBC assets.
o Maintain the motor insurance database
o Get quotations and arrange cover for any new asset or risk that we want to add/remove outside of the annual renewal process
· Acting as the principal contact point for the Council`s insurers and brokers
o Attend regular meetings with insurers and brokers
· Administer all insurance claims in a timely manner and ensuring that all risks are covered o Give advice to service departments on any insurance matters. Common questions include whether we are insured for particular activities, and what level of insurance is required for tenders of new contracts.
· Administer the insurance claim forms, monitor the settlement of claims and maintain the appropriate records
o Chase insurers or service departments when responses are not timely
o Arrange for CBC staff to attend court as witnesses to defend the council`s position
· Check the Council`s insurers premium accounts payable and allocate the insurance costs to services
o Also requires any excess payments to be coded to the correct service department.
o Manage the renewal process and submit to insurers
o Includes gathering together all of the information for the risks we want to insure against, and the value required.
o Complete the renewal forms accurately and in a timely manner.
· Risk management
o Identify ways of reducing risk
o Driver license checks
Ideally we are looking for :
- A History of claims handling/management essential
- Local government experience would be desirable.
- Good communication and customer service skills
To put you forward for this role we need a minimum of 1 years reference, 3 years work history..
Salary Range between £11-13 Ph This a 3 month temporary contract with potential to roll on or go perm