My Client is a leading Chartered Insurance Broker for the church, charity, not-for-profit and care sector.
They are growth focussed and expanding rapidly. They are seeking an Insurance Broker to join their team.
This is a superb opportunity within our existing business broking team. Our clients are primarily charities, not-for-profit groups, churches, community groups and other voluntary organisations with 'social goals'. The team receives enquiries from existing policyholders by email and by telephone which they respond to; providing advice and assistance as required in a time efficient manner.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
* Respond to a variety of enquiries from existing policyholders.
* Provide advice and assistance in respect of current policy covers, mid-term adjustments and renewals.
* Review renewals; obtaining quotations, using quotation systems, rating guides or by referring to insurers.
* Communicate quotations, advising the most appropriate in terms of price and cover to meet the clients' requirements.
* Discuss any additional exposures and covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
* If the quote is accepted, incept cover and issue confirmation of cover and any other required documentation.
* Ensure that system records are created and that the required documentation is issued to clients and insurers.
DESIREABLE QUALITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (in no particular order)
* An insurance industry background is essential with a minimum of 2 years being desirable.
* An awareness and understanding of FCA rules and how to comply with them is essential.
* A strong customer service focus.
* A confident telephone manner.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to listen and engage with people.
* Good numeracy and analytical skills.
* Robust administration skills and the ability to work accurately and consistently.
* Willingness to challenge assumptions and the ability to think "outside the box".
* An ability to work as part of a team and the ability to use your own initiative and manage your own workload.
* Preferably qualified to a minimum of Cert CII.
* Motivated to study for Industry exams.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
* A competitive basic salary with structured monthly and annual incentive schemes.
* A pension scheme.
* A financial support scheme to obtain professional CII qualifications.
* Regular training, personal development and structured CPD sessions.
* Various "happiness" perk schemes.
* An internal mentoring and support structure.
* A busy and challenging environment.
* Regular social events and the opportunity to participate in fundraising and volunteering.
* A genuine desire to see our staff succeed, grow and progress within the company.