Our client is working with a government programme entitled the Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP) which has been established with the remit of delivering the future national mobile communication capabilities for all emergency services. ESMCP is hosted by the home office and has representation from all the emergency services.
This is a high-level position that requires specialist skills in client, account and relationship management. Of particular importance is the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with other service management disciplines, suppliers, users across various Trusts, the wider NHS and managing the conflicting demands and tensions of a range of stakeholders. You will be responsible for taking ownership of delivering the new Emergency Services Network project including developing and managing the national plans as well as local implementation plans.
- Proven experience of running and continually improving a PMO function with responsibility for line management of multiple staff.
- Responsibility for developing the team, including the recruitment of additional staff which will be required over the next 12 months.
- Strong Team Leader and interpersonal skills & ability to develop and maintain effective and credible relationships with the home office team, business change leaders within the other emergency services
- Responsible for the development and management of programme/ project communication plans.
- Responsible for research and procurement of a documentation management system, Asset and Configuration package.
- Experience and specialist skills in client, account and relationship management. Of particular importance is the ability to build strong and effective work relationships with the Home office teams, suppliers, and users across the Ambulance Trusts and the NHS.
- Management of conflicting demands and tensions of a range of stakeholders all with differing priorities.
- Proven experience of managing PRINCE2 processes for delivery, including initiation stage, stage plans, highlights reports, project control and production of exception reports.
- Experience of managing formal Project delivery, including the production of business cases, investment appraisals, project initiation documentation and project controls for significant investments and projects as necessary.
- Establish and maintain necessary delivery structures to support project delivery, manage resources and priorities across the Project Team.
- Experience of the development of project planning across multiple highly complex projects/programmes.
- Production of key reports used for updating the Programme Board and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of OJEU compliant procurements, ideally within central government.
- PRINCE 2 and MSP qualification or equivalent programme management methodology.
- Proven ability to function as a member of a multi-professional team.
- Experience of working within central government, ideally some experience with Government Legal Department, DH Commercial, Crown Commercial Service and Government Digital Services at a Senior level.
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Service Management.
- Significant experience of working within a large-scale programmes and service management structure.
- Knowledge of OGC Supplier Management.
- Knowledge of ITIL.
- Knowledge of Programme Management Toolsets.
- Experience of working in the Telecommunications sector.
- Significant experience of working within a large-scale service management structure.
Day Rate: Starting from £318.45 per day
Please apply immediately as Interviews are starting week of the 5th of February
Email or call 02074866144 for more information.