A highly ranked top 100 law firm based in the centre of Cardiff, is currently looking to recruit a Quality Auditor to join their Quality & Risk Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing audits of functions and activities as assigned, to assist in ensuring the adequacy of the firm's internal control environment. The primary focus of this position will be compliance and operational audit activities together with assisting in the implementation and maintenance of quality documents to support the quality management system to internal and external requirements and standards (including ISO9001, Lexcel, SRA Handbook).
- Working with the Head of Compliance and Quality and the Quality Manager to plan the firm's annual audit schedule
- Performing audits of assigned functions including compliance, operational and quality management system audits to required standards and regulations (including Lexcel, ISO 9001 and Money Laundering Regulation) in accordance with the firm's annual audit schedule
- Preparing audit reports, including reflecting an overview of the function reviewed, conclusion regarding the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, areas of non-compliance, root cause analysis and opportunities for enhancing internal controls and/or operational efficiencies
- Liaising with relevant Department Heads and department representatives in agreeing corrective and preventative action
- Maintaining the database of prior audit recommendations and coordinating the follow-up by internal audit personnel
- Assisting with the preparation of statistical analysis and reports
- Assist in the efficient operation of the Quality and Risk Department.
- Assist with maintaining the documents contained within the Quality Management System.
- Managing the firms file audit process.
- Providing Team Leader support to the firms Assistant Auditors
- Assist with analysis and reporting of quality records and data, in order to promote continual improvement within the firm.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that quality and regulatory requirements are complied with in departmental processes
The successful candidate will have strong organisation, IT and time management skills along with the ability to deliver high quality work, often during busy periods.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as well as the ability to build strong relationships with key personnel at all levels.
The ability to make good judgments based upon observations and supporting information is essential along with a keen eye for detail and methodical in their approach.
The ideal candidate will have working experience of ISO 9001 and Lexcel and potentially hold an internal auditing/quality qualification. An understanding of the legal environment will be a distinct advantage.
Although our workforce has grown to more than 500, we have retained and nurtured a unique culture which is based on hard work, exceptional talent, ambition, empathy, innovation and good humour. It is those qualities that have helped us grow the business to where we stand today.
Our culture is friendly and collegiate, but we maintain the professional atmosphere you would expect from a modern, leading law firm. All our staff have access to industry-leading training and mentoring to ensure they reach their potential.
Some of our benefits on offer include:
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Two Corporate Social Responsibility days
Birthday day off
Death in service equivalent to twice annual salary
Auto enrolment pension scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Discounts for local businesses
Professional fees paid (subject to requirement for your role)
Employee recruitment incentive scheme
Travel season ticket loan (London only)