Internal Quality Assurer
Department: Quality & Compliance
Salary: £28-29K per annum dependant on skills and experience
Main purpose of the job:
Conduct Internal Quality Assurance of the Teaching Assistant qualifications and Business Administration, Management/Team Leading, Functional Skills & IT qualifications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Monitoring the quality of assessment practice on Teaching Assistant, Business Administration, IT, Management/Team Leading and Functional Skills qualifications against the requirements set by the awarding organisations.
Monitoring targets for achievement to ensure timely and overall achievement of the qualifications.
Contribute to the improvement of assessment practice to ensure that the organisation can meet the Ofsted requirements for the Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
Planning and conducting Internal Quality Assurance through interim and summative sampling of learner portfolios, observations of assessments and interviews with learners and employers.
Conducting work scrutiny activity to assess the impact of feedback from assessors to learners on the quality and standard of skills demonstrated and work produced.
Holding regular standardisation meetings with assessors and deliver an assessor induction to new starters to ensure assessors are provided with current information about the internal and external assessment procedures.
Monitoring the quality of the assessment of skills, knowledge and behaviours from induction and initial assessment, through the on-programme learning and to the gateway and end-point assessment to ensure learners are competent against the apprenticeship standards and ready for the final end-point assessment.
Conducting sampling and audits of the Individual Learning Plans and observations of progress reviews to check that the progress of skills, knowledge and behaviours is being tracked against the occupational standards.
Meeting EQAs & presenting company IQA evidence during external and standards verification audits.
Managing and delivering assessor training to meet TAQA standard on continuous cycle and delivering 1:1 coaching support and CPD sessions for assessors to support their development.
Monitor the use of OneFile (e-portfolio system) with all assessors & learners and provide monthly reports to the Quality Manager on IQA visits, sampling, assessor support and progress of trainee assessors.
Supporting assessors / trainers in the use of OneFile, including the training & support of new staff.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
This is a highly specialist role that will require the following core competencies:
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, or Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, or equivalent V1 or D34 qualification.
- Current working knowledge and experience of best practice in assessment/quality assurance.
- Occupationally competent in Supporting Teaching & Learning, Business and IT Skills.
- English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 or above.
- Experience of Team Leading or Management.
- Experience of Internal Quality Assurance (min 3 years).
- Effective communication, organisation and planning skills.
- Proficient in using an e-portfolio.
- Proficient in MS Office particularly Excel, able to create and work with complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Initiative to be able to develop and improve systems and procedures.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of the Self-Assessment and Quality Improvement Plan.
- Proven ability to maintain and develop positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Present a positive and professional image at all times.
- Maintain occupational competencies by attending informal/formal training.
- Strong attention to detail with high level organisational skills and self-management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Effective team working skills and collaboration in efficient task management.
The above should not be regarded as an exhaustive list of duties. You may at any time, be required to perform other duties, which the Senior Management Team deem consistent with your competencies and your status within the organisation.
Terms of Employment: Full-time & Permanent
You can also apply by sending your CV