Job title: Internal Recruitment Consultant
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday (09:00 - 17:00)
Salary: up to £26,000 per annum (negotiable)
We are looking for an Internal Recruitment Consultant to join one of our successful clients in their Hull City Centre office.
The individual needs to be dynamic and ambitious and have relevant experience in recruitment, and be equipped to working in a target driven, fast-paced environment.
As a Recruitment Consultant, you will be expected to act as part of the Recruitment Team and as such your job will involve supporting other members of the team. Primarily, your job is to market, recruit, and support linguists.
The successful candidate will assist and support the Recruitment department by coordinating end to end recruitment process for linguists ensuring full compliance with current employment and equality legislation.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Administer the end-to-end recruitment process, including ensuring that all pre-employment checks are completed prior to a candidate commencing employment.
- Use all means available to promote interpreter and translator opportunities.
- Use social media to promote interpreter and translator opportunities.
- To effectively manage recruitment related enquiries via phone and e-mail, ensuring that these are dealt with in a timely, accurate and profession manner.
- Work with Senior Management Team to ensure that they are kept fully up to date with the progress of their successful candidate.
- Assist with any recruitment events or initiatives that the organisation undertakes throughout the year.
- Check and verify professional registration and qualifications ensuring that there is sufficient evidence that this has been completed.
- Ensure that identity checks are completed.
- Ensure that the Linguist Database is accurately maintained at all times with new starter information and employment checks.
- Maintain accurate records relating to recruitment activity.
- Office duties - such as photocopying, scanning, shredding, ordering stationery, post as requested.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate with the post and within the office.
You will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally.
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of members and clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions to enhance organisational effectiveness; ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, the capacity to prioritise by assessing situations to determine urgency and ability to make clear, timely decisions.
Education, skills, and competencies
- Recruitment experience
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office suite, as well as the ability to learn new software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Capable of handling high call volumes
- Target driven
- Team player
- Knowledge of other languages may be an advantage