I am recruiting for an Internal Sales Estimator for my client who are based near Birmingham Airport, working for a market leading construction supplier, they are offering a competitive package which includes an annual bonus.
This is a very busy and varied position where you will be communicating daily with a volume of customers and suppliers putting together professional quotations for large projects. Managing a large amount of incoming emails requesting information and quotations you will be reading technical drawings, working out dimensions and pricing appropriately utilising a number of suppliers; you will need to be very methodical with a real eye for detail.
A large part of this role is data and excel focussed so an advanced understanding of MS Excel is desirable, experience of writing formulas, using pivot tables and manipulating/arranging data would be very beneficial.
This would be an ideal role if you have experience working as a sales support administrator, sales estimator or sales coordinator, especially within the construction industry although industry knowledge is not essential.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Analyse customer queries and request for costings/quotations
- Collate prices from suppliers and raise quotations to customers within agreed deadlines
- Liaise with suppliers and customers from start to finish on all projects
- Work closely with and fully support the external sales team
- Maintain communication over telephone and email with clients/customers and suppliers
- Handle requests and enquiries in a professional manner
- Follow-up outstanding quotes
- Build relationships with suppliers
- Communicate professionally and effectively with internal departments to ensure the smooth completion of customer orders
- Provide administration support to various areas of the business
- Build a strong knowledge base to fully understand building materials
- Ideally drive with access to your own car due to the location
- Previous sales support/sales estimating/sales quoting experience is essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel (pivot tables, formulas, data manipulation etc.), Outlook
- Methodical with a real eye for detail and highly numerate
- Knowledge of the construction industry would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of technical drawings and working out dimensions would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to speak professionally to both suppliers and customers and build long lasting relationships
- Highly organized with examples of time management and multi-tasking in a previous role
- Able to work accurately and quickly and as part of a team
- A proactive 'common-sense' approach to tackle problems and identify solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and make assertive decisions
- Punctual, reliable and experience of working well within a team
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Attractive annual bonus
- 35 hour working week, Monday - Friday 9-5
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays with option to purchase further holiday, this also increases with service!
- Free Car Parking
- Health and wellbeing service
- Regular events
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***