£45000 - £50000 per annum + + paid overtime+excellent benefit, culture
about 1 month ago
My client is a high technology company headquartered in Oxfordshire. They design and manufacture complete laser-based systems, supply subcontract laser manufacturing services and carry out after sales services.
International Service Engineer
A sound engineering or scientific background, possibly with formal qualifications to HNC/HND or Degree level in an appropriate discipline, such as, Electronic/Mechanical Engineering or Physics
Candidates who do not hold formal qualifications will also be considered if they can demonstrate an appropriate level of skills and experience.
Experience: 2-3 years industrial experience in a similar hi-tech environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas;
Experience of several aspects of Company technology e.g. electrical circuits, mechanical systems, electronics, optical systems, lasers and basic computer programming.
Aptitudes and desired Abilities
The demanding nature of service work is such that the following attributes are also required.
- Maturity, confidence and self-motivation
- The ability to plan work and operate so that customers are confident in our professional approach to service.
- The ability to travel, including overseas, at very short notice
- The ability to handle difficult situations, e.g. demanding customers etc.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- The ability to produce concise reports at the end of each job.
- Service Engineers must be of good health and well-presented and thus be good ambassadors for the Company.
- Estimated Overseas travel would be in the region of 60%, during other periods you would be based in the office at Oxford.
- Prolonged periods of work overseas in Asia, Europe and the USA. In most cases these periods are usually covered in a two-week period.