Role Profile: Investments Finance Manager
Location: Sewell HQ, Geneva Court, Geneva Way, Leads Road, Hull, HU7 0DG
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000, plus bonus opportunity of up to 20% of annual salary based on performance
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 8.30am - 5.00pm, with 1 hour for lunch
About our client;
Sewell Group is a multi-disciplined group of companies operating across the North of England. As a family business, it has a long and illustrious history dating back to 1876. Alongside its retail division, which operates 13 fuel and convenience stores across East Yorkshire, Sewell Estates is a collective of built environment businesses made up of Sewell Investments, Sewell Construction, Sewell Facilities Management, Illingworth and Gregory, and Shared Agenda.
In 2021 the Group was recognised as one of only 18 businesses across the country in the Queen's Awards for Enterprise for Promoting Opportunity - the most prestigious accolade for UK businesses.
Working alongside the Estates Finance Manager, and closely with the Investments Finance Director, the successful candidate will provide essential finance and accounting support for Sewell Investments and ancillary businesses.
On a day-to-day basis you will coordinate and complete a wide scope of finance activities, from invoice processing and credit control to cash book reconciliation and supporting the preparation of statutory and management accounts.
You will also be responsible for supporting the wider Group finance team as required, to meet the needs of the business. This role also requires some local travel to our Willerby Office.
* Processing sales & purchase invoices
* Credit control
* Cash book preparation and posting
* Prepayments and accruals preparation & posting
* Supporting preparation of management accounts
* Supporting preparation of statutory accounts
* Supporting VAT return preparation
* Supporting the wider finance team as required to meet the needs of the business, including providing holiday and sickness cover
Skills and Attributes
As well as exhibiting our company behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Customer Focused, a Team Player and Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following essential experience:
* Full driving licence, valid in the UK and own transport
* Previous experience of working in a finance environment
* Be commercially aware from a business perspective
* A strong belief in delivering great customer service
* Excellent communication skills
* Hold at least an intermediate level of Microsoft Office experience
* Excellent organisation skills and a hands-on approach, with the ability to prioritise workload efficiently
* Have the ability to work both as a team member in a busy working environment
* Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression
* Have a flexible attitude towards hours worked and interest in supporting the wider team during holiday and sickness periods
* Have completed AAT or be part-qualified
* Experience in preparation of statutory and management accounts
* Experience in VAT return preparation
* Cashflow preparation experience
* Experience of specialist finance/accounting software
* Experience of supporting internal/external audits
* Project management work-in-progress analysis