iSeries Developer, IT Software Development - Circa £40,000 DOE
Do you have experience within software development?
Do you have experience and skills
My client is looking for a full time iSeries Developer to join their team as soon as possible!
Brook Street is pleased to be able to offer the position of an iSeries Developer with one of the largest international Insurance providers, who provides household and motor insurance to millions of people.
The role is within my client's existing team who's key focus is to ensure the computer systems and programs within the Systems Development project plan are designed, completed and implemented to meet the company's business requirements and I.T's technical requirements within budget and to schedule. This role offers a degree of variety between small to medium change and large change programs, working within an Agile environment focusing on the claims systems
Who's right for the job?
The responsibilities of the role…
- To develop the delegated computer systems, sub-systems or suites of programs to meet the company's business requirements and I.T's technical requirements within the agreed schedule, thereby providing a quality service to the department's customers.
- An IT Developer may be asked to delegate analysis and programming to other resources. In such cases, the IT Developer should ensure that these resources are effectively used and efficiently controlled.
- To establish and maintain sound business relations with users of I.T services so that areas where I.T itself can assist business objectives are identified and user requirements are clearly understood.
- To seek out ways and put forward ideas for improving productivity and creating business opportunities.
- To design software adhering to department standards in order to meet specified requirements, keeping the DTL/SD informed as to the progress of their work.
- To respond to help desk queries and identify those problems, which require immediate investigation, delegating where appropriate to an IT Developer or a Junior/Trainee IT Developer, to ensure minimal disruption to the business.
- To establish and maintain appreciation of new technological and software developments for the benefit of the department and wider company.
- To ensure that fair treatment of customers is integral to the operation of area of responsibility, and that effective education, analysis and monitoring takes place so that prompt action can be taken to ensure compliance.
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of Circa £40,000, depending on experience. Working hours are standard office hours. My client also offers a comprehensive range of flexible benefit options including 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional days, company pension, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership and discounts with a wide range of retailers!
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a two stage face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV at .