Adult and Young Person`s Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
My client is looking for an experienced ISVA to join the team based in Bedfordshire. You will be working with internal colleagues, and other ECP consortium staff, and service users, and externally with local partners, other organisations and agencies as required.
Your main duties will include having a clear understanding of sexual violence, rape trauma syndrome, the long-term mental health effects of sexual violence, self-harm, suicidal feelings and attempts.
ECP is a consortium of three children and families charities:
Families First Bedfordshire is the Trading name for the Horizons, Talk:4M, Perpetrator programmes and ISVA Service.
The purpose of this post is to provide a high quality and victim/survivor focused advocacy service to children, young people and adults of any gender who have been subjected to sexual violence and abuse within and outside the criminal justice.
- Provide emotional and practical support, at every stage of the victim/survivor journey
- Assess and reduce risk to keep victims/survivors (and others) safe
- Ensure clients are aware of their options in relation to the recording and reporting of sexual assault
- Ensure that victims/survivors can access health and other support services which appropriately recognise and meet their needs and concerns
- Monitor and keep clients informed of case progress
- To ensure that the support is working to internal and multi-agency best practice guidelines; with the aim of increasing victim satisfaction, decreasing re-victimisation, ensuring victims have access to appropriate and timely support, explore reporting options and a reduction in victim withdrawals from the criminal justice process where appropriate
For a full job description please email or call 07484 543940