Brook Street Birmingham currently have an exciting opportunity for an applicant to assist with and simplify the use of its centre`s information technology facilities for a service that welcomes and caters for all members of the public.
The role will be based at its Birmingham based Learning Centre and it`s expected that the right candidate will provide the support required to maintain its in-house computer systems, desktops, peripherals etc and translate it on a basic level.
The ideal applicant will be patient, knowledgeable and very much be a people person that has a grasp of computers and I.T on a certain level.
The outline for the role would include the installation of, diagnosis, repair, maintenance, and upgrade of all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
Other requirements will be -
- log requests and incidents via the IT Service Desk system and provide end-user assistance (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide appropriate support and guidance to junior members of the team, as well as providing end user training, inductions and assistance to staff and students where required.
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Background / Experience in providing high quality technical support
- Background / Experience of using IT Service Desk software to log issues/requests
- Background / Experience of common software tools, components and peripheral accessories
- Good working knowledge of Network and PC hardware
If this sounds like you then please contact Rich Samuels on 0121 480 8209