I.T Infrastructure/Cloud Architect
Hull City Centre
Salary Depending on Experience - Plus Great Benefits
Are you passionate about IT?.. Do you have a strong background in IT Infrastructure Design?.. Do you want to have a great career with an ever growing company?..
If YES to all of the above, this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for..
Who you will be working for..
You could be working with a well established, forward thinking company and have the opportunity to make a real impact on its IT Infrastructure. Due to incredible growth, our client is looking for an experienced infrastructure/Cloud architect and solution integrator to join its fast paced environment.
If you're the successful candidate, you will be involved in various stages deploying infrastructure life cycle from design to deployment, testing and maintaining on-premises as well as with in public cloud providers AWS/Azure. The position requires strong background of enterprise infrastructure design and deployment, monitoring and maintenance concepts and proven ability of applying best practices and patterns in deployment.
Reporting to the development IT manager, you will work within a small project team. As an infrastructure/Cloud architect you will:
- Implementing technical solutions by designing deploying and maintaining corporate LAN and Cloud IaaS with in AWS/Azure Clouds.
- Have the ability to translate requirements into technical designs for small projects and individual pieces of work.
- Have the full responsibility for ensuring designs and implementation works is delivered to within agreed time lines and to specified quality.
- Design, Deploy, Testing, Documentation and implementation of infrastructures, with in AWS/Azure cloud and on-premises environments.
- Be working on allocated projects, to design and deploy new instructors or reconfigure existing network components to meet customer and project requirements
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
- Design and conduct automated and manual tests
- Produce supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication of deployed services on AWS/Azure Clouds.
- Work with little day to day supervision from project and/or line manager Quality and Adherence to Standards
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Peer review and sign-off of others work
What you need to have..
- Good knowledge of infrastructure design, deployment and maintenance life cycle and experience of working in multi environment infrastructures across the United Kingdom, Europe and America.
- Experience of working in an Agile infrastructure team.
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure framework concepts and deployment planning.
- Deep understanding of information and infrastructure security concepts.
- Working Experience of ISMS (ISO:27001) and ITIL (ISO:20000) standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge of designing and deploying on-premises and cloud-based infrastructures.
- Deep understanding of PKI environments
- Strong knowledge site-to-site VPN as well as Client-Server VPN design and deployment.
- Total competence on designing and deploying Layer2/Layer3 networks.
- Full understanding of VoIP technologies including H.323, SIP, MGCP and SCCP protocols.
- Ability to use Python and basic knowledge to work with RDBMSes as well as No-SQL Databases.
- Experience of routing protocols including OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Demonstrable experience on network and performance monitoring solutions.
- Working knowledge of log analysing and SIEM solutions.
- Knowledge of working with mid-range and high-end Security devices such as Firewalls, IDS/IPSes.
- Working experience with medium to large scale network devices including Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, High-end routers, Load balancers.
- Experience in all aspects of network and infrastructure design and deployment on premises and in public could as part of a small IT team.
- Proven experience of all stages of infrastructure design, deploy and maintenance lifecycle, from inception through to transition to operational teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences, from the user to the executive level.
- Ability to Maintain, repair and tune on-premises and public clouds deployed in order to keep them performing according to technical and functional specifications, directing user support activities, managing preventive maintenance activities
Academic and Professional Qualifications..
- Minimum of a 2.1 Honours Degree in Computer Science and relevant post-graduate qualification in computer networking.
- Minimum 10 years of large and enterprise network deployment and maintenance, and a minimum 5 year's experience of Infrastructure designing in large and enterprise environments.
It would be great if you had..
- Essential knowledge of GDPR
- Version control solution such as Git
- Solution integration experience
This role is active now! Please submit your CVs. APPLY NOW