Our client is a multinational Information Technology solutions provider and require an experienced IT developer, engineer or consultant to provide advice and solutions to customers across Europe.
You`re looking to join an international company at the forefront of integration and infrastructure development using emerging technology. You have over five years experience in "infrastructure as code" environment and you are willing to bring this to assist clients across UK and EU. You also enjoy travel to different countries in your new role.
Headquartered in the United States this innovative IT consulting firm provides advice and solutions in the realm of cloud infrastructure, middleware integration and app modernization. They are a Red Hat Premier partner and assist their clients in process improvement, making the journey to modernisation much smoother.
You will design, code, test, correct, and document programs, as well as assist in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system. In your exciting new role as an Infrastructure Consultant will also create user information solutions by developing and maintaining applications.
- Participate in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Meet programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
- Verify program operation by confirming tests.
- Ensure ongoing quality of the application code bases through bug fixes, refactoring, and test automation
- Collaborate with other developers across multiple departments and technologies on cross-team projects
- Ensure that design and code is "cloud ready" leveraging the latest design patterns and deployment techniques
- Set expectations and priorities throughout software life cycle.
What you`ll need to be successful:
- 6 plus years experience in an "Infrastructure as Code" environment preferred with expertise in configuration/deployment automation (Ansible preferred, Puppet or Chef will do as well)
- Knowledge of any Infrastructure management tool (Cloudforms, CloudFoundary, VCloud, etc)
- Knowledge of source control (Git preferred)
- Knowledge of the Red Hat product portfolio (RHEL, Ansible, Cloudforms, Satellite, Red Hat Virtualization, OpenShift, Gluster, etc)
- Be able to script anything in Bash.
- Extensive experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Extensive knowledge of VMware
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise storage
- Solid understanding of RHEL 7, networking protocols, and microservices architectures
- Must have experience with Python or Ruby scripting
- Knowledge of Docker, and at least some experience in a lab testing it
If you are open to frequent (weekly) travel and have the experience required to bring value to clients across UK, Ireland and Europe then call Brook Street today on 02890 324548 or email