IT Support Analyst 1st & 2nd line
Pay - £9.93 - rising to £15.01 ph after 12 weeks
Full time role 37 hrs per week
Requirement: This vacancy is to support a project which is bringing together 200 from across Government to support the Department's strategies for exiting the EU.
The posts require motivated, dynamic self-starters with a good, general knowledge of IT including support for laptops, smartphones and printers, basic desk-side cable management and a strong commitment to customer service. Training and induction will be provided so an aptitude for technical knowledge is important
Reporting to a PB4 and a PB5 contract manager the post holders will work 8hr shifts so as to provide 24/7 support for the project delivery staff, including weekends and potentially public holidays. One contractor will be required onsite at any one time, handing over as part of a rota arrangement. A fourth contractor will provide for rotation of staff.
* 1st line support for IT related queries and incidents across multiple service support channels including; phone, email and walk-up
* 2nd line duties: configuration and technical support of range of end user devices and peripheral equipment
(windows 10 laptops, iOS and Android smartphones, printers, multi-functional printers and other kit)
* Configuration, deployment, diagnostic support and maintenance of a range of end user devices including laptops, tablets, thin client devices, PCs, printers, iPhone and Samsung smartphones.
* 1st line support and advice across a range of corporate applications including Windows O/S, MS Office 2013, Office365 (in particular MS Outlook) in a largely virtualised, thin client environment.
* Support for remote access connectivity; including wireless and mobile broadband
* Logging and resolution of calls received in line with agreed procedures and service level targets, via phone, walk up, email and remote connection.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Work could involve occasional driving between DfT sites so a full British driving licence is required
- Experience of IT support work in a customer facing
- Experience of configuring and supporting desk-side cabling and network patching
- Experience of supporting a range of end user devices including laptops, desktop PCs , smartphones
- Experience of maintaining network printers and/or multifunctional devices such as installation of consumables
- Experience in supporting following software packages in a Windows 10 environment; MS O365, MS Office 2013 primarily Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of iOS and Android operating systems for smartphones
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to Kat at the government team - with refernce 'IT Support Analyst' and we will be in touch shortly.