Brook Street is delighted to be working with our Belfast client to recruit an IT Support Engineer
The ideal candidate will be highly technical, knowledgeable and will have experience of help desk support, maintenance and deployment of internal infrastructure systems, server maintenance and project work. This is a permanent position and the candidate hired will report directly to the Director of IT, based in Belfast and offers a competitive salary and benefits.
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related degree and have at least two year's experience in a similar role.
* Strong knowledge of databases, information structures, systems and security fundamentals.
* Strong knowledge of developing, designing, testing and supporting software applications
* Strong analytical skills.
* Experience of working with all Microsoft Office products.
* Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and deliver within time-lines.
* Outstanding communication, organisation skills and ability to troubleshoot software and operating systems without supervision.
* Proactive and excellent project management skills.
* An understanding of the insurance industry needs, and complexities and an awareness of the functions and services
* An ability to positively build and maintain professional relationships.
* Liaise with IT services providers to ensure proper configuration, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of security firewalls, sites/software, servers, data, file encryption and internet connections.
* Provide onsite technical and systems support, managing incidents, action logs, performing fault diagnostics, troubleshooting and data backups within time frames.
* Undertake administration and maintenance of IT security architecture including Office 365 and take action in line with policy and procedures to ensure information is secure and protected and compliant with internal and external audit requirements and supporting the delivery of Cyber Security. * Generating ad-hoc reports and compiling statistics as and when required.
* Support the management teams and advise of relevant technology upgrades.
* Take responsibility for risk control including risk identification, control audits, deployment, testing, debugging, preparation of user guides, training manuals and reviews of operational documentation and ensuring compliance of all statutory requirement relating to IT, including software licences.
* Provide statistical analysis and evaluation to management within time frames and undertake database administration using SQL Server and Power BI to develop and deliver progress reports.
* Create, maintain and modify code and provide recommendations for improvements.
* Work collaboratively with Business Units to support products and maximise network and system performance providing timely and consistent communication to on progress, impacts and associated changes.
* Design and implementation of new solutions taking ownership of various improvement projects including management of project activities, risks, and resources to ensure successful implementation.
* Manage relationships with outsourced technical consultants and other external service providers.
* Manage all website and social media communications.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a real generalist experience who doesn't mind setting up computers and helping with staff queries but also someone who can report statistical data to management using SQL, someone who can do some programming and who help in developing and supports a variety of software applications.
Salary would be based on experience and performance at interview
Please send CV via the link