Brook Street is delighted to be working with our Belfast client to recruit an IT Support Engineer
The ideal candidate for this role would be a real generalist experience who doesn`t mind setting up computers and helping with staff queries but also someone who can report statistical data to management using SQL, someone who can do some programming and who help in developing and supports a variety of software applications.
* Liaise with IT services providers to ensure proper configuration, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of security firewalls, sites/software, servers, data, file encryption and internet connections.
* Provide onsite technical and systems support, managing incidents, action logs, performing fault diagnostics, troubleshooting and data backups within time frames.
* Undertake administration and maintenance of IT security architecture including Office 365 and take action in line with policy and procedures to ensure information is secure and protected and compliant with internal and external audit requirements and supporting the delivery of Cyber Security.
* Take responsibility for risk control including risk identification, control audits, deployment, testing, debugging, preparation of user guides, training manuals and reviews of operational documentation and ensuring compliance of all statutory requirement relating to IT, including software licences.
* Provide statistical analysis and evaluation to management within time frames and undertake database administration using SQL Server and Power BI to develop and deliver progress reports.
* Manage relationships with outsourced technical consultants and other external service providers.
* Manage all website and social media communications.
* A Bachelor`s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related degree and have at least two years` experience in a similar role.
* 2 Years commercial experience
* Experience of SQL and Power BI
* Strong knowledge of databases, information structures, systems and security fundamentals.
* Strong knowledge of developing, designing, testing and supporting software applications.
* Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and deliver within timelines.
* An understanding of the insurance industry needs, and complexities and an awareness of the functions and services
* An ability to positively build and maintain professional relationships.
Salary would be based on experience and performance at interview
Please send CV via the link