Are you an IT Engineer looking to work for a company that is developing it's IT strategies? Are you looking for a company that offers you scope to grow? Are you wanting to play a key part in a company's expansion plans? If so, this may be the role for you.
We are looking for a skilled IT Support Engineer to join our client, providing a full range of first, second and third line technical support activities to the business, together with active involvement in the delivery of an extensive portfolio of IT infrastructure projects. This is a hugely varied and challenging role which will suit an enthusiastic, motivated individual.
- Provide high quality support (face-to-face and remote) to non-technical people whilst resolving support issues and service requests in the incident ticketing system.
- Respond to alerts as required including testing, debugging and troubleshooting and provide detailed information on the nature of issues encountered.
- Provide technical input and support on a wide range of IT infrastructure projects.
- Research into new products and technologies.
- Documenting and following test plans.
- Ensuring documentation is correct and up-to-date.
- Create and maintain server builds, configurations and provisioning.
- Providing assistance and expertise to other team members, as required.
- Involvement with IT audits and pen tests, and assisting in remediation of outstanding risks.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server (e.g. 2012, 2016, 2019)
- Hyper-V / Vmware
- AD, Group Policies, DHCP, DNS
- Telephony (pref. Mitel)
- Server and client hardware (pref. HP)
- Switch/Wifi management (pref. Cisco/Meraki)
- Firewall management
- Back-end (e.g. Veeam, antivirus)
- General troubleshooting
- Ability to perform well under pressure and use initiative.
- Ability to be methodical and follow documented procedures.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure security principles.
- Equally comfortable working in a team and as an individual.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts
In return you can expect to receive a salary between 23,000-35,000 depending on experience, opportunities to develop within the business, plus 33 days' holiday including bank holidays plus long-service increase. Great flexi-time arrangement available. Government work place pension, free parking and hot drinks, free work wear, on site crèche and staff discounts.
If you're interested in the role please apply now or contact Cat Stroud on 07971609654.