I have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior IT Systems Administrator based in Guildford. This role is working within the IT & Network Services team, predominately working on the internal infrastructure. This role will also require the building and testing of servers and application services for customers. This role is appropriate for an IT graduate with approximately 1 years' experience with an MCP.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand the issues involved with administering and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, email, etc.
- Understand the issues involved in administering and maintaining corporate WAN.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of the telephone system, including telephone switches.
- Assist with the creation of telephone and voicemail extensions, routing extensions to appropriate locations and updating information as requirements change.
- Helps set up and maintain computer stations and software for training programs and demos.
- Assist in supporting corporate applications; internal corporate servers, user desktops, etc.
- Assist with basic troubleshooting, backup, and archiving.
- Help install and improve computer software and network equipment.
New Recruits Administration
- Create network and email accounts for new users.
- Set up computers for new users and ensure delivery of equipment to users in different locations if necessary.
- Update company phone lists and email address books.
Help Desk Administration
- Help answer all trouble calls/emails and enters work orders into our CRM software.
- Assist in administering and maintaining local and web-based applications
- Liaise with Microsoft and other vendors for online services.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of Internal Systems programs
- Interact with internal clients to resolve basic help desk issues; communicate with internal clients in a professional manner maintaining confidentiality.
- Provide responses to internal clients in a timely manner.
- Assist with the inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies.
- Assist with the purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Promote responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
Career Path Core Competencies
- Listen to others and accept input from team members.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Relay relevant IT-related information to the company in a timely manner.
- Display a positive attitude
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work. Sometimes work will be required out of hours.
- Set high standards of performance for oneself.
- Establish harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Appreciate each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
- Ask for help if you get stuck
- Value internal clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
- Establish effective working relationship with internal clients.
- Follow established communication guidelines.
- Use good judgment in what and how to communicate with internal clients.
Excellent career progression and development, as well as benefits, holiday allowance and free parking. If this role sounds of interest please apply today - Immediate start and interviews !