£45000 - £45500 per annum + + 38 days hol, pension,35hr working week
about 1 month ago
Our client is a Global organisation, focussed on Education are seeking a experienced
IT Systems Manager to join their technical team.
The IT Systems Manager is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Learning Management System (LMS) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions for the DfE EYPDP3 programme. You will ensure that best practice processes are implemented and a fit for purpose IT support model is in place for the EYPDP3 programme.
The IT Systems Manager will ensure that any IT improvements are aligned to organisational priorities and programme need. To oversee the programme's technical services provision including developing, implementing, and overseeing its technical solutions, consulting the Senior Operations Manager and IT services colleagues where necessary.
- To provide management and ongoing technical support for the IT Systems Development and Support workstream, ensuring that excellent quality of service in programme delivery is maintained.
- Develop and propose solutions for resolving more complex service issues for review by the Senior Operations Manager and corporate Global Technology Solutions Manager
Provide line management for the Digital Support Coordinator, supporting their professional development and ensuring high levels of performance.
- Provide guidance, direction, and support for the Digital Support Coordinator to ensure that customer support cases are logged and resolved within required timescales.
- Plan and anticipate potential support requirements to ensure that there is a support solution in place as required.
- Deliver ongoing improvement and development of the system, reviewing and updating existing processes and implementing routine system updates and upgrades.
- Co-ordinate resources as appropriate, including liaison with internal and external suppliers and stakeholders, to ensure that inputs are planned and delivered in a way that will achieve the objectives, contractual requirements and agreed outcomes, within any time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Ensure the programme's systems are fully compliant with local, national and Company or the client's requirements in relation to safeguarding, data protection and network security. Take action to ensure that the security and compliance of the systems are maintained to minimise unnecessary risk for the organisation.
- Ensure that there are training materials and associated user guides available for programme team to enable them to use the systems effectively. Deliver training to programme staff as required.
- Keep up to date with new developments in technology in particular, relating to educational use.
The company implements a Learning Management Platform (LMS) and CRM solution. This role will be responsible for managing and monitoring those systems as well as undertaking routine standard processes to ensure the system is up to date and working efficiently.
This role will also provide support to the corporate Global Technology Solutions Manager in undertaking identified improvements and development projects.
The role holder will provide support and guidance to LMS and CRM users in the EYPDP3 programme team.
» Detailed practical knowledge of current best practice in IT, particularly a good understanding of LMS functionality
» Proficient practical knowledge of CRMs and system security
» Proficient understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 accessibility guidelines
» Awareness of digital design principles; re-use, UX, accessibility
» Understanding of software development tools, testing methodologies, application, web services technologies
» Knowledge of IT within an education context in relation to infrastructure, administration requirements
» Working knowledge of MS Dynamics
» Knowledge and understanding of LMSs e.g., Moodle, Totara
» Experience of installing and maintaining complex IT systems
» Experience of eLearning specifications, particularly SCORM and xAPI
» Significant experience of technology project management
» Experience of managing multiple systems simultaneously
» Experience of managing a small team
» Experience of managing a busy workload and working to deadlines
» Experience of planning, organising and delivering well-paced and structured training
» Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of stakeholders
» Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and inspire, motivate and encourage teamwork
» Ability to work on own initiative and solve problems creatively
» High level of organisational skills
» Value diversity and take pride in building a team that brings together diversity of thought, perspectives and expression