Junior Buyer / Buyer
Report to - Supply Chain Manager
Salary - £26,000 - £31,000
Working Hours: 40 hours a week.
Client is an established military contractor, designing, manufacturing, and supplying cooling solutions to all arms of the military, in particular Air and Sea. An opportunity has opened up for a Junior Buyer/Buyer role in the recently restructured Supply Chain Team.
Looking for a talented person with a background in procurement in the supply chain that will be working directly for the supply chain manager. The role requires you to enjoy working independently as well as in a team and be passionate about learning. A keen eye for detail is a must and you will interface with various teams within the business.
* Raising, issuing, and reviewing supplier RFQ's for direct procurement needs
* Negotiate prices with suppliers and provide quotes to the sales and project teams
* Raising and issuing indirect and direct purchase orders
* Ensuring data accuracy of the MRP system is maintained and updated where required
* Process supplier invoices for PO's
* Grow supplier relationships
* Obsolescence reviews
* Gather data from suppliers for customer compliance
* Minimum of 2 years procurement experience (or equivalent)
* CIPS qualification
* Working knowledge of MRP, ERP or SAP systems
Please contact Lee Plummer @ Brook Street or send CV to lerone.plummer (@) brookstreet.co.uk
Contact Number - 07483 330591.