My client has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Engineer to join a well-established engineering installation team, based in Stevenage and covering Herts and Essex areas.
OTE of £24-30K
You will be currently working or looking to work within a technical environment or just left a relevant college course and you'll preferably have some technical experience in the Electronic Security Industry (this is not essential). You are possibly feeling undervalued with a strong desire to start or progress in your career. It's time to step up to this exciting, instructive and team-oriented role which properly rewards you for your enthusiasm, hard work, responsibility, commitment, and thirst for knowledge. This role guarantees to upskill and train you into the latest technology embracing the exciting world of IP and structured cabling and involves you in all aspects of the design, installation and commissioning of cutting edge technology in the electronic security industry.
Ideal Location: You will be living within the Home Counties or Essex
The opportunity: To join a well-established engineering installation team in an ambitious and innovative SME with an enviable reputation in the CCTV and Access Control management of over 30% of UK Shopping Centres, also large National Companies and both Government and Education accounts.
Job offering: You will join a team as a trainee/junior who are responsible for the servicing of the company's portfolio.
In the first instance the role will be supervised, and you'll be accompanied by one of our senior service engineers after which you will then join an existing team. A forward planning exercise will identify the necessary training and career milestones envisaged in the development of your skills
This position suits a college leaver looking for their first step into a career
A unique 'dashboard' gives you an overview of the company's performance including all financial and servicing activities.
Your profile & qualifications
- To be considered as loyal, dependable, reliable, trustworthy with integrity
- Personable and able to demonstrate responsibility with strong skills in communication, team participation and own initiative in problem solving
- Showing an aptitude in technology and patience in learning and understanding
- A conscientious and hard worker willing to go that extra mile when needed
- Good organisational skills, time-keeping particularly in organising your own time and keeping to team work-plans, and maintaining high and recognisable standards throughout your own commitments
- A strong thirst for knowledge and career progression leading to qualifications in electronics
- Good current working knowledge of PC and media devices
- To take on training in H&S compliance and awareness
- A naturally intuitive approach to working either on your own or within the team
- A hunger to learn and excel in front of our customers and team
- Good administrative house-keeping, personal cleanliness and presentability
- Be a participator not a commentator
- Have a clean driving licence
The Company provides for:
- Use of a company commercial vehicle
- All access equipment (including mechanical) training
- Use of and training on diagnostic equipment
- Bespoke and long-term training program which leads to qualifications
- Career pathway planning
- Medical cover
- Pension contribution
- Comms allowance
- VPN for updates, statistics and collaboration
Hours: 09:00 - 17:30 but must be flexible
If you are available immediately and looking for an amazing new opportunity, please apply now with an up to date CV and we will be in touch if you fit the above criteria.