I am recruiting for a Junior PHP Developer for my client who is based near Birmingham Airport. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company who are at the top of their industry and who ensures their staff are well trained and looked after, they are offering a salary up to £28,000 per annum.
You will be responsible for the both front end and back end developing of several ecommerce sites and internal bespoke systems. This is a varied role where you will be kept busy with a new challenge always around the corner. This is a perfect role for somebody who has some good knowledge of Full Stack Development wanting to work for a company who innovative and look for likeminded employees.
You will be joining a business that is one of the leading companies within their industry who look to offer courses for people to better themselves and improve on their qualifications. You would be working for a sociable and friendly company who really care and look after their employees.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Performing both front end and back end web and internal system development
- Writing clean, solid code, which stands the test of time, and does not become the legacy nightmare of tomorrow
- Working to PHP standards (PSR's)
- Getting involved at every stage of the web/system process, from Scoping, to quality assessing
- Working on a number of varied projects at one time
- Supporting the team with extra help and support when required
- Previous secure and reusable coding experience, both front end and back end
- At least 2 years of commercial experience
- Experience of developing and consuming APIs
- Familiar with PHP standards (PSR's)
- PHP experience
- CSS experience
- HTML experience
- Experience/knowledge of JQuery
- Experience/knowledge of Linux
- Experience working in a team using BitBucket / Git
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks such as Laravel
- Knowledge and good understanding of OO design patterns - Excellent communication skills - Able to explain technical issues to non-technical - Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Has a passion for development, a positive attitude and a desire to learn
- Will be highly self-motivated, able to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Degree Educated 2:1 or above
- Developing sites with Bootstrap/Foundation/similar
- Experience with single page apps
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE FULL STACK DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- £25000 - £28000 depending on experience
- Monday-Friday core office working hours with the potential of a little flexibility
- Potential for some home-working after qualifying period
- 30 days holiday including all Bank Holidays off (Pro Rata)
- An extra day off for your birthday - every year!
- A strong supportive management team
- Subsidised childcare at the clients sister company based close to the office
- Subsidised BUPA insurance
- Free Car Parking
- Modern office environment including free lunches!
- Sociable on site staff room with modern facilities and utilities
- Access to shedloads of award ceremonies plus summer and Christmas parties!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call me on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***