Brook Street are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit a Junior Project Manager.
This is a contract role to start ASAP until 30th June 2021 initially but with the possibility of an extension.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but will likely require some regular onsite presence at our client's offices in Reading once restrictions are lifted.
We have an immediate need for a qualified candidate to help drive global operational excellence. This role will be responsible for partnering across our global team to support our deliverables, help orchestrate workflows, streamline processes, develop efficiencies, and provide support to leadership. As part of this role, you will also be expected to partner and communicate across our stakeholder portfolio and with our managed service team. You will help to drive key milestone and project outcomes.
A successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic working environment across a varied mix of work delivery. You should be able to influence, engage at all levels, possess strong attention to detail and have a reputation for someone who focuses on the customer as well as delivering what you say you will do.
- Provide Rhythm of Business support across the Global Area Excellence team including across key project delivery and timelines.
- Partner to help deliver processes and productivity improvements by working closely with the global team and our key stakeholders.
- Help to manage ongoing compliance and auditable programs with current contracts and processes.
- Support key operational processes, help to design optimal workflow management.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to proactively identify, track, report, escalate and resolve incoming issues.
- Track progress against launch milestones, highlighting blockers, risks & creating path to green or mitigation plans.
- Help review new initiatives & document best practice of in scope existing processes.
- Work with internal and/external teams across the business to understand business needs and frame approach for global delivery across the team.
- Gather new data, link disparate forms of data, and/or creatively use existing data to propose metrics and present them in a compelling way.
- Develop strong communications/presentations to ensure our key stakeholders are kept informed of our progress or expected outcomes.
- Backup support across existing team where required including representing team on specific workflow engagements.
- Business Program or Project experience - Ability to support key program or project delivery.
- Confidence - Ability to select an effective approach to a task or problem, regardless of the situation, while taking on increasingly challenging assignments with the full expectation of positive outcome
- Approach things with a growth and agile mindset, think big picture and be curious to look round corners with a proactive approach.
- Possess strong communication skills including presentation experience, ability to work in a global virtual team environment, strong problem-solving skills, and capacity to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent self-assessment to identify when other resources are needed; ability to engage and collaborate effectively with others to resolve complex problems.
- Able to thrive in high pressure situations, maintaining calm and composure.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve conflict
Our client has placed emphasis on the following three requirements;
- Project Management experience
- Time management
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 14th April 2021 (although please submit your application as soon as you are able to).