I am recruiting for a Junior Surveyor on a 9-month fixed term contract where no previous experience is required. This is a field-based position where all South UK locations will be considered. This is an ideal role for career progression whilst working for a market leading business who are paying £20,000 annually (pro rata) plus a company car or car allowance and an annual bonus.
My client is highly specialised in what they do, they work closely with businesses and the HMRC and help their clients claim Capital Allowances against their commercial property that could have been purchased recently or many years ago.
As a Surveyor you will be attending multiple sites on a weekly basis, creating accurate floor plans and measurements alongside taking photos of certain items, i.e. air conditioning units, lifts, fixed machinery etc. that will allow the Capital Allowance specialists within the business to write up reports to be sent to the HMRC on behalf of their clients.
This role will require you to stay away approximately 3 nights a week (expenses paid) as you will be covering the South of the UK and visiting multiple commercial properties 3-4 days a week, the remaining time will be spent working from home producing floor plan designs/measurements and reporting your findings to the Capital Allowance Specialists.
NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED, however a keen eye for detail, able to produce accurate measurements and floor plans will be essential. This could be the perfect role for a recent graduate looking to get into surveying or somebody with a design background, maybe you are an estate agent wanting to move away from sales, maybe you are an architect/surveyor looking for some work experience with a highly respected business, this could be the perfect start of a successful career in surveying.
- Conducting site surveys to identify & record installations within new & existing buildings that qualify for capital allowances reports
- Determine & record/measure internal floor areas
- Obtain photographs of qualifying CA items
- Provide findings to the CA Specialists in a survey report
- Respond to client/tenant queries and, where necessary, escalate to head office
- Thoroughly documenting activity on the customer management system (CMS) and updating spreadsheets to ensure accurate record keeping
Full training will be given to ensure you know what you are looking for onsite and how to produce the required floor plans/measurements and what items need to be reported on. This will require a couple of days travel to the office in Manchester and some job shadowing for a couple of weeks which could be central/northern England (expenses paid)
Interviews to take place in Birmingham or Manchester.
- FULL UK driving licence (3 points max)
- Attention to detail and robust organisational skills - including time management
- Ability to measure floor space and create accurate floor plans (demonstrable transferable skills is fine)
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible with travelling and covering South of UK
- Self-motivated and ability to produce work of the highest quality on your own
- Strong IT skills and familiar with MS excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients in a professional and competent manner
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION INCLUDING HOLDING A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE AND CAN COMMIT TO THE TRAINING***
Salary and Package
- 9-month fixed term contract
- £20,000 annual salary (will be pro rata for 9 months contract)
- Potential of £2000 annual bonus based on company performance (will be pro rata for 9 months contract)
- Company car or car allowance
- 9-5 working hours, Monday - Friday
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays (will be pro rata for 9 months contract)
- Company mobile phone
- Travel expenses
If you are and interested in this position I AM KEEN TO HEAR FROM YOU please send your cv and follow up with a call 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***