We are currently recruiting for a local government body who are looking for a kennel assistant to join their team based in Gatwick. You will contribute to a team of kennel staff who provide daily care, feed and an exercise regime for detector dogs. You be will required to work both early and late shifts on a flexible pattern of attendance.
Duties will include;
- Daily cleaning of all kennels, surrounding estates and official vehicles
- Exercise detector dogs twice daily and maintain welfare regimes in line with legislation
- Prepare and administer dog feeds and medication
- Ancillary paperwork as delegated and completion of mandatory training courses
Applicants must not have been disqualified from;
- Keeping or owning a dog under the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1989
- Having custody of a dog under the terms of both the Animal welfare Act 2006 & the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991
This post is physically demanding and requires a high level of fitness as the role will require lifting and carrying of the dogs. The role also requires working outdoors in often hostile weather conditions.
Will ideally have or be prepared to undertake security clearance.
A valid UK manual driving licence is essential