Our Public Sector client based in Felixstowe is looking for Kennel Assistant to join their team on a full-time, Temporary Basis. The pay rate of £8.72 per hour, and will increase to £9.13 after 12 weeks period.
This role will include shift pattern rota - earlies and lates including working every other weekend.
This post of kennel assistant contributes to a team of a number of dog handlers and will provide the daily care, feed and exercise regime for the detector dogs. The duties include:
- Providing the detector dogs with twice daily exercise, including training activities, grooming, feeding and dispense medication as required.
- Daily driving of official vans to/from exercise areas and visits to local veterinary provider.
- Maintaining the high hygiene standards of the kennels with a daily cleaning regime of all kennels and surrounding estate. This will include picking up dogs faeces and working with chemicals and cleaning products.
- Checking and maintain kennel stores, food, medical and cleaning stocks.
- Providing some clerical support,
- Weekly cleaning of the units fleet of vehicles and maintenance of other assets as instructed by the dog unit team leaders.
- Ability to work with animals, specifically dogs
- The role is physically demanding
- A full manual UK driving license
- Comfortable driving vans/larger vehicles (all sub 3.5 tonnes - does not require a specialist license)
- Must be able to work outside in all weathers
If successful, you will be required to hold an in-date Passport or Birth certificate, 2 proofs of address and proof of National Insurance.
The rate of pay is £8.72 an hour, and will increase to £9.13 after 12 weeks period. Holiday entitlement and pension scheme are available.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online today and if short-listed, we will be in contact!