This is a temporary ad-hoc role, please only apply if you are looking for Bank Work.
Are you an experienced Support Worker with experience working with Adults with Learning Disabilities?
If so, please carry on reading...
BS Social Care are currently searching for an experienced Support Worker, specialising in Adults with Learning Disabilities/Autism. Our client is based in Batley and is a 24/7 supported living service offering one to one support.
Your duties would include, referring to client support plans and seeing what their activities or outcomes of the day are, spending two hour blocks working closely with individual service users and assisting in tasks such as cooking,cleaning or accessing the community and also offering encouragement and prompting so that the service users behave independently.
Our ideal candidate would have recently completed Basic Life Support, Manual Handling and Medication training and be able to provide certificates or information on awarding bodies, be flexible and available on a weekly basis (as our clients often provide us with ongoing bookings for 2 - 6 months with regular shift patterns)
In order to be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have previous experience supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Ability to provide 2 years worth of references, 1 of which must be your current or most recent employer
- Minimum of 12 months experience, or alternatively 6 months experience with a relevant qualification
- An enhanced DBS with Children and Adults, on the update service. If you do not currently have this you would be required to obtain a new one at a cost of £50 through Brook Street Disclosures at the point of registration.
- Full UK Driving License (preferred)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- x2 Proof of ID (Including 1 photographic)
- Proof of address
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Weekly pay: £9.53 - £10.95 per hour
- Holiday Pay
- Shift Flexibility
- Free online training provided which covers all sections within the nationally recognised Care Certificate
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV by applying directly to this advert or alternatively call Maria Lawther on 01274 393050.
Please note, if you are successful you will have to attend a registration in Bradford City Centre. Our office opening hours are Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.