Do you have a passion for caring for children and want to further your knowledge in a nursery environment?
I am currently recruiting for a nursery room leader for an under 3s room based in Harrogate.
The post holder will be expected to:
-Co-ordinate and carry out the planning and prioritising of the activities and progress in the room in order to create and develop a stimulating environment.
- Ensure a full awareness of their responsibilities in line with all company policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
-Ensure that the room that you are responsible for complies with all aspects of various internal company audits and that any action points are addressed.
-Deliver a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff.
-Challenge any practices that do not follow Busy Bees policies and procedures.
-Manage the day to day running of the room in no Senior Room Manager is in the setting or the absence of the Senior Room Manager.
- Communicate with their line Manager regarding the activities and progress within the room.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development for themselves and others.
- Reflect on working practices within their room to improve the quality of childcare provided.
- Co-ordinate and lead room meetings if no Senior Room Manager is in the setting or in the absence of the Senior Room Manager.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Be assigned as key person for a designated number of children to ensure that all their basic and development needs are met.
- Support the Senior Room Manager or Assistant Manager in overseeing and managing the monitoring of the standards within the nursery to maximise the very highest level of childcare.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all children within their room are safe and secure.
- Build effective relationships with all parents within the room
-Take sufficient care of all visitors, staff and parents in order to comply with legal requirements.
-Undertake the day to day management of the room if no Senior Room Manager is in the setting or assist the Senior Room Manager
- Communicate with the Senior Room Manager/ Assistant Manager regarding the activities and progress within the rooms.
- Implement, co-ordinate and supervise suitable activities to create and develop a stimulating environment.
-Assist with the resolution of issues/queries /complaints within the room to a satisfactory conclusion.
-Work as part of the staff team within the room to improve the operational efficiency and quality of service of the nursery to ensure it remains a profitable business including being actively involved in the planning and organising of marketing activities.
- Recommend effective training and development opportunities for all staff within the room in order to stay compliant in line with legal requirements.
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by your line manager
You must have-
Level 3 in childcare or equivalent
A passion for caring for children
Contact Ella on 0113 2154312 or email