We are working with an Educational College who are seeking a Lab Assistant (Strong Administrator) to join their team on a 3 month Temporary contract.
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday paying £12.00 per hour. (Weekly Pay)
List of main duties will include;
- To assist with unpacking shipper boxes and booking in frozen biological samples received by the laboratory.
- To assist with the retrieval, transfer and storage of biological samples between sample boxes and freezers in the laboratory and nitrogen storage vessels at the off-site storage facilities.
- The job holder will be expected to work at the off-site cold-storage facilities and in the laboratory (transport between sites is provided)
- To follow and comply with the strict H&S and COSHH regulations for working with liquid nitrogen, biological samples and ultra-cold temperature cabinets and tanks.
- Thorough and careful approach to work with excellent attention to detail and ability to carry out repetitive tasks to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to health & safety guide policies
- Computer literacy with previous use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to do work of a manual nature such as the transportation of sample boxes and dry goods between the laboratory and the off-site storage facilities, and sample retrieval from nitrogen storage vessels (the storage towers weigh approx 10kg)
If you are interested in this position please call Lewis Smith at Brook Street on 01235 706100.