£40000 - £52000 per annum + + excellent benefits & culture
26 days ago
Experienced Laser Applications Engineer with approx 3yrs min experience within this field.
Reporting to the R&D Manager you are responsible for:
- Develop new processes through experimentation and analysis of results
- Design a set of experiments to find the appropriate laser process conditions to fulfil a customer's requirements.
- Interact with customers to determine what they need. This may include reading technical drawings or scientific papers.
- Accurately record experimental data for future replication or analysis
- Write reports summarising activities, and drawing out conclusions and recommendations for next steps
- For small to medium part quantities it may also be necessary to make batches of sample parts.
- For larger quantities it will be necessary to design, document and implement procedures so that larger batches can be produced successfully by a machine operator. This may be done as part of a small dynamic team as appropriate to the task.
- Will also be involved with aligning and commissioning laser machines that are being supplied to customers.
- You may need to travel to different international locations to install, maintain or repair laser systems
BSc degree or higher in Lasers/Optical engineering, Physics, Engineering or similar qualification. This will ideally include practical experience using lasers.
- Able to work under own initiative and make decisions.
- Able to make logical conclusions based on experimental results and plan future work.
- Able to cope with any repetitive work that may occasionally be required.
- Quality control experience.
- Writing reports and presenting results using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Motion control hardware integration such as CNC stages or galvanometers
- Ability to write simple computer programs.
- CNC and CADCAM experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Materials Science
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.