Brook Street are looking for someone to provide administrative support for our public sector Law Court based client in Exeter.
You will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Brief description of your duties:
- To confidently assist participants in TEAMS/CVP hearings to engage fully and effectively in the hearing. Obtaining approval from the judge if a non-hearing participant wants to observe and assisting non-hearing participants to join the call, in line with the principle of 'open Justice'
- Prepare for TEAMS/CVP hearings, maintain administration rights for assigned CVP rooms. Make sure court staff and the room are booked and available with courtroom equipment set up, ready for the hearing.
- Share host pin details, invitations, guidance and access codes with users to let them join the hearing at the right time. Admit users; monitoring participation, muting and/or removing parties appropriately. Close hearings, removing users once the hearing has ended
- Provide guidance to participants on how to use TEAMS/CVP hearings technology, using standard scripts, adapting when necessary, so that users understand what to expect
- Act as first-line support for technical issues during the hearing; calmly but urgently responding to requests for assistance in real-time, using multiple communication channels and technology/digital means. Report technical issues to Digital & Technology Service directorate (DTS)
- Coach users through the process, ensuring they are ready to engage with the hearing. Assist on setting up equipment for them before the hearing and respond to queries and issues. Provide further analysis and escalate complex queries as required
- Liaise with court and other staff to determine requirements for sharing documents over CVP, ensuring they have the relevant guidance to do so. Work with listing officers who are providing CVP support, ensuring that they have the relevant CVP details to invite parties to hearings.
- Identify solutions to frequently occurring routine issues and work with the rest of the team to share knowledge, to achieve a high level of first contact-resolution
- Work flexibly and undertake other administrative duties, during the hearings if the nature of the hearing allows along with before and after the usual hearing hours.
You will be required to work in a flexible way and undertake any other duties reasonably requested by your Line Manager.
Paying £9.06 an hour, you'll be working Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00. This role is contracted until the end of March 2022, with consideration for extension for the right candidate/s.
Please be aware that this role is subject to references and a Basic DBS check after an interview conducted via Microsoft Teams.