Our client is a well-established Fin-Tech company based in Surrey, due to growth we are seeking a highly experienced Full Stack Lead Java Developer to join their team.
Candidates must have Right to Work in the UK status as no sponsorship offered, and must live within a reasonable commuting distance to the office. Remote working offered.
This lead role will be split 50/50 between hands on development and line management of a small team of developers. The role will require a broad understanding of Java technology trends and how these could benefit the Company.
This will include working with the Product Team to clarify requirements , completing technical design and development work, and be seen as the Java Architect subject matter expert, coaching and advising other team members as required.
For this role, we are looking for a Lead Java Developer with full-stack experience, and with a background in the design and development of B2B SaaS solutions, either within the IT department of a corporate, a software based product company, or bespoke software development house.
Responsibilities - Software Design and Development
- Strong Java Architecture and recent hands-on Development skills
- Champion best practice within the Development Team
- A natural leader with strong Line Management / Technical leadership of a small in-house Java Developers : recruiting, mentoring and retaining our in-house technical team
- Act as deputy for Head of Technical Architecture and Security when required
- Work closely with the respective Product Owners and Business Analysts to ensure business requirements are clear and capable of producing detailed technical documentation, designs and cost-effective technical solutions
- Passionate about coding, still very hands-on, yet has a business focussed mindset and able to see the "bigger picture" of the business
- Positive team player who takes a naturally collaborative approach to work
Skills and Experience (E)ssential, (D)esirable
- Previous experience working for a software product, SaaS company or software development house (E)
- Full-Stack developer. The successful candidate must have recent and demonstrable hands-on experience of both Back-End and Front-End technologies :
- Back-End Technologies :
- Java/J2EE (E)
- Spring Framework (E)
- JUnit and UI testing (E)
- XML/XPATH/XSLT (E)
- Front-End Technologies :
- HTML (E)
- CSS (E)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban/Agile (E) and tools such as Jira and Confluence (E)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely with both on-shore and off-shore Development Teams (E)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure (E)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (E)
- Awareness of typical security techniques employed by online, web-based service providers (E)
- Team player. Comfortable working in a small company environment and "hands-on" in the sense of doing what needs to be done in a small organisation (E)
- Fluent English (E),