My client has undergone a major strategic review which has resulted in an exciting new opening for a permanent Full-Stack Senior Java Developer/Dev Lead located at their global headquarters in Surrey.
Responsibilities - Software Design and Development
- Part of in-house development team, acting as Dev Lead on projects managing a small team of developers as and when required, plus working alongside other Dev Leads.
- Mentoring and coaching junior developers to ensure best practice and quality.
- Work collaboratively with our near-shore development partners to develop code and represent Company's interests to ensure we get quality and value for money from deliverables provided by our partners.
- Fully hands on and willing to undertake development work as part of a scrum team, providing support to other developers to ensure deliverables are delivered to time, quality and cost.
Skills and Experience (E)ssential,
- Previous experience working for a software product, SaaS company or software development house (E)
- Demonstrable hands-on experience working with both Front-End and Back-End technologies (E)
- Front-End Technologies :
- o CSS (E)
- o AngularJS (1.x) or AngularTS (2+) (E)
- o Bootstrap (E)
- Back-End Technologies
- o Java/J2EE (E)
- o Spring Framework (E)
- o JUnit and UI testing (E)
- o XML/XPATH/XSLT (E)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban/Agile (E) and tools such as Jira and Confluence (E)
- Experience working as a Developer Lead managing an agile development team using Scrum and Kanban (E)
- Experience working with remote/offshore Development Teams (E)
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure (E)
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (E)
* Fluent English (E), any other languages a bonus but not essential to role
flexible on working from home arrangements but expect staff to be in the office 2-3 days a week typically.
Candidates must have Full Visa status or UK Passport status