We have a beautiful residential service in Burnham-on-Sea for nine autistic adults looking for vibrant and confident Support workers. Their safe low-arousal environment and fully-trained and experienced permanent staff team help their service users to learn, release their potential and work towards more self-sufficient living and giving them great independence and confidence.
Everyone has a full programme of day activities that can include an extremely wide range of opportunities such as vocational skills training at our Lynx resource centre, supported employment, or further education at a local college.
Cherry Trees is a detached Victorian house with large gardens which has been extensively modernised. We have a well-equipped communal area and large kitchen and an exercise area outside.
This service is very special and delicate and welcome all who are joining the team to support the clients with Learning Disabilities. Below are some qualities and characteristics you made need:
- Resilient, supportive and sensitive to working with people who are Autistic
- Performing as a Support Worker you need to have bravery, be supportive and commitment to the service users
- Willing nature to learn new skills
- Encourage the service users to do tasks which needs to be done and what they enjoy doing
- Developing their self-confidence and life skills
- Passion and experience working with Learning Disabilities
- Genuine and natural approach to working in this area of care
- Team Morale
- DBS (Update Service) or we will register you
- Happy to work on a 1 to 1 basis if needed
Benefits for you
- Starting salary of £10.00 per hour
- New Skills and the opportunity to work in a very special service
- Waking Night Shifts Available
- Holiday pay + Pension Scheme
- Flexible hours
- Weekly pay
- Paid Shadow Shifts
- Possible Temp to Perm work
Interested??? Please call me Martha Cassidy from BS Social care on: 01179486300 or you can email me at: