Legal Administrator/Employment Group Administrator
Monday to Friday 9-5
Primary Purpose of the Job:
To provide general administrative support to Employment Group. This role is a development opportunity to complete a project of case closure and opening expected to last three months, helping the division to meet its case closing and opening targets and comply with government department and Lexcel standards.
- Key Task Areas and Duties:
- Complete case opening and closing tasks on CMS
- Close/Create e-files and paper files as directed
- Follow Employment Group's case opening and closing guidance
- To establish thorough procedural checks that the documents received relate to a new matter
- To ensure that all new cases are processed in accordance with team standards and Lexcel compliance.
- To log all new cases fully onto CMS in accordance with team standards, including electronic storage of emails and bundles
- To maintain full and accurate records on relevant Excel spreadsheets
- To update CMS following the re-allocation of a file
- To process and send out any initial letters to the client and claimants' solicitors at the time of opening a new / pending file
- Carry out any necessary photocopying/scanning
- Close files by carrying out all related activities, making sure papers are filed or destroyed as advised or put in storage.
- Liaising with our outsourced clients regarding case opening/ closing.
- In addition to specific tasks the job holder will be expected to undertake other administrative type duties as and when required
- To meet chargeable hours targets
- To take responsibility for own personal and professional development to fulfil the role
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience of case management system is desirable
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- To ensure that client is kept informed of all new cases
- To liaise between client and lawyers on administrative tasks
- Covering for colleagues whilst they are absent on leave or due to sickness
- Attending team meetings and contributing to same
- Assisting colleagues where necessary in the interest of the efficient running of the team including sharing of information of general interest
- Working collaboratively
- Identifying and flagging operational risks
- Dealing with adhoc requests
Experience Needed to apply -
- Good excel skills
- Legal back ground
- understanding the process of a case management system with open and closing files.
Apply today! Looking forward to hearing from you