Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. It serves decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and account, intellectual property and science and media markets.
Assistant Editor (6 month Contract) - Possibility of extension
Your new role at Thomson Reuters will requires you to adapt and amend Practical Law Global Guides by changing this in response to legal and regulatory change. You will be working with external editors and editorial teams to proof read, sub-edit and manage online publications as required. You as the successful candidate will be dealing with author queries, setting deadlines for contributing authors and editorial associates.
Your role will further require you to assist the technical legal editing of legal articles and proofing these too. You will have the responsibility of reporting to Deputy Head of Editorial and practice law global guides
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Providing proofreading, sub-editing and admin support to the global guides editorial team
- Preparation of online publication and the updating of legal articles. You will be expected to impose house style strictly on publications
- Working with general editors on titles to ensure that the general editor is up to date
- Sending out of publication updates to authors
- Preparing documentation to be updated by contributing lawyers
- Any other editorial and admin support as required by the editorial team
The individual will work with External editors and The Editorial team.
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Degree in law - Preferably 2:1
- Good legal knowledge and excellent written/verbal communication
- Excellent IT and Microsoft office skills
- Fast and Accurate keyboard skills
- Critical Thinking
- Excellent Attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong Listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A strong sense of experience or interest in publishing/Editorial