We have an exciting opportunity for a law graduate to join our client the Government Legal Department (GLD) in the litigation team as a litigation support officer. This is a long term temporary role lasting 10 months
If you are a law graduate and have 3 months experience working within a legal office, then this may be the opportunity for you
Please note, experience in drafting/preparing court bundles is essential for this role
- Location: Wellington Pl, Leeds LS1 4AP (full time in the office)
- Hours: Monday- Friday 37 hours a week - 9 - 5
- Assignment length: 10 Months, until the end of April 2023 (may be extended subject to business requirements)
- Salary: £12.83 per hour (Annually £24,684)
Who are the GLD?
The GLD are the government's principal legal advisers.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of the role is to provide effective and efficient administrative support to case holding. You will need to be well organised and able to take the initiative and work closely with others and have good oral and written communications skills. The role will include
The role will include:
- Preparing letters, Court documents and instructions to Counsel with the basic details required, using the relevant templates.
- Gather requested case reports from electronic legal resources to assist lawyers' in their legal research
- Assisting in the finding and booking of Counsel for advice, conferences and hearings
- Liaising with Counsel, experts, the Court and the client including overseeing the dispatch, collection and return of case documents including through arranging couriers and via egress platform.
- Maintaining electronic records in the G Drive and Case Management System including sweeping up, weeding and closing file
- Document management throughout the lifetime of a litigation case including photocopying draft bundles for disclosure and hearings (whether in hard copy or electronic form) including indexing/paginating/redactions etc
- Help with hearing preparation, liaising with the Employment Tribunal, printing/sharing bundles, dealing with audio/video files and other administrative arrangements.
- Arranging travel and accommodation for legal team members attending hearings
- Complying with LEXCEL requirements and assisting the Team Leader and team as a whole in ensuring compliance
- Contributing to team knowledge sharing systems and taking minutes of team meetings as per rota
- Assisting with client case matters, as appropriate
The successful candidate will:
- Legal qualification - LPC/Law Degree - essential
- 3 months work experience within a legal office (solicitors etc)
- High standard of written comms and attention to detail- essential
- Proficiency with Excel, WORD etc and other standard office packages, inc Adobe - essential
- Experience of case management systems or similar - desirable
- Prior legal work experience - desirable
Please be aware it is essential you have at least 3 months experience working within a legal office
Overall, this role is a great opportunity for a graduate to gain experience within the Legal industry. It is a great step to allow you to further develop your career aspirations
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply or send your CV to me directly