Brook Street are proud to be working with a large and successful firm on their hunt for a legal secretary to work within their Wills, Trusts and Probate department.
The main role will be to offer support to the Head of Wills, Trusts and Probate and other fee earners in department. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of working in a legal environment along with relevant departmental experience is desirable.
- Fast and accurate typing skills, including digital dictation and integrated legal software systems.
- Experience of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent English grammar/spelling; familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face.
- Discretion and confidentiality is essential.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload to the required standard and within the required timescales.
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure as and when required; this may involve some flexibility in working hours and occasional overtime where deadlines need to be met.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative within guidelines as set by the Partners and fee earners.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Self-motivation: energy; positivity; can-do attitude.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Proactive; willing to use initiative.
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team.
If you have experience within a Wills, Trust and Probate department and are looking to work for a successful firm who truly value their staff then click 'Apply Now!' to be considered.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not been contacted within 1-week of applying then you have been unsuccessful.